Friday, July 24, 2009

Itchy Ankle

So when they operated on my ankle they injected some pain blockers so my ankle wouldn't hurt so much the first day or so after the surgery. Well, the pain blocker have worn off and let me tell you, OUCH! But as long as I keep it elevated, iced and I take some nice narcotics I'm fine, a little loopy but ok. One of the downsides to narcotics is that it makes me super itchy! Mostly it's not too bad because scratching the itches isn't hard, except the itches in my cast! AAAHHH! It's driving me crazy! I'm not supposed to stick anything down there because it could cause infection and I can't hit the cast because it could cause bleeding so mostly I just pretend to scratch the itches but that doesn't really work. What to do, what to do? Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Jessie said...

No suggestions for the itchiness. But I like the idea of "pretending" to itch them. That's right, mind over matter!

It was soooo good to talk to you yesterday! Get well soon, Sianny!

P.S. I'm digging the new blog background.

Millie said...

Try scratching the leg right over the cast until the itch stops. My doctor suggested it when I had my foot surgery and it worked if you scratch another part of your body the itch is satisfied "mind over body". sounds crazy but it worked