Thursday, February 16, 2012

The Lord's Timing

My mom and I were talking the other day and she told me something that really made me stop and think. She had a hard time getting pregnant too and she had a miscarriage between each of us. She said that as she has watched us grow up and seen who we have met, influenced, and who we have married, she can see the Lord's timing in all of it. 
My mom had a miscarriage before she got pregnant with me. If my mom had kept the baby full term, would it b me? I may never know. I do know that had I been born earlier much of my life would have been different. I would not have had the same teachers, friends, or experiences as I have had. I may not have married Stephen or had Will. It's mind-boggling to think about. 
Another thing my mom mentioned that really stuck out to me was that while I am having and raising my children, other mothers are having and raising their spouses. I had never thought about it that way. 
I am so grateful to have a mother who has had similar experiences as I have had. A mother who has seen the results of the Lord's timing in her life and her childrens' lives. A mother that can truly say she understands how I feel. A mother who help bring things into perspective when I can't see it. Thanks mommy, I love you SO SO much!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I love your mom too. She always gives the best advice. In the few minutes I got to talk to her on Thanksgiving, she gave me a boost that I hadn't been able to find anywhere else. When you talk to her, you just know that she absolutely loves you and that she is totally invested in you. So glad you received the comfort you needed. Love you!