Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy Daddy’s Day!

I know, I know, I’m extraordinarily late with this post but I’ve been a little busy as of late. We had a great father’s day weekend at our house. On Saturday, we went to Goodwood Barbeque to celebrate the amazing father that Stephen is. On Sunday morning I made Kneader’s French toast, for those of you who don’t know what kneaders is, I’m sorry because it’s AMAZING (it’s a bakery in Utah that makes amazing all you can eat French toast and you can buy the bread that they make it with and make it at home)! After French toast Stephen opened his presents from Will and I, he got some things he’s been wanting for a while; the extended versions of the entire Lord of the Rings movies, the new and old Tron movies, Lego Pirates of the Caribbean, and a wireless mouse and keyboard. Will just had to get him the “World’s Greatest Dad” tie and trophy;). That night Will and I made Stephen one of his very favorite foods, Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches. It was something of a triumph for me because I’ve never made them and I had to caramelize onions to make them and every other time I’ve done that I have failed abysmally, but this time I succeeded, yay! They were very yummy, if I do say so myself.

I’m glad we have days like Father’s Day because we get to honor people that make such an impact in our lives. I have so many memories of my father and the lessons he taught me. My father is a man of many talents. He is a walking encyclopedia, you can ask him anything and he will most likely have an answer for you. He taught me to love reading and the knowledge that can be attained through books. He gave me an appreciating for the journey, not just the destination. He taught me to start a fire, read a compass, read a map, set up a tent and to purify water. He wanted to make sure his girls were just as tough as his boys and for that I will be forever grateful. He loves his family more than himself and would do anything for them. He has a fierce testimony of the gospel and of Jesus Christ and has lead me by example. He and I have had our battles but through those he taught me to quickly resolve arguments and not hold grudges. I was not the best child, I was a stubborn, creative, active and curious child and instead of stamping out those traits, my daddy ought to cultivate them. It sure couldn’t have been easy, I’m forever grateful that he, and my mom, had enough patience to raise me the way they did. They taught me the importance of weighing the consequences when I made a decision and made sure they followed through on those consequences. Thank you, Daddy, for being the best father a girl could ask for!

I’m also grateful for the opportunity to celebrate Stephen and the amazing father he is. I will never forget his face when He first saw Will. His was a face of pure joy and happiness. Stephen is one of the most involved fathers I have ever seen. Will’s physical therapist even remarked on that, he said that Stephen is among the 1% of father’s that actually come to appointments with their wives. He lets me sleep In on Saturdays and Sundays, he takes care of Will so I can continue to go to school, he does the dishes and the laundry, and cleans the house. He treats me like I am the most precious thing in the world. He has a firm testimony of the gospel and treasures his ability to use the priesthood in our home. I love him SO much and am forever grateful Heavenly Father brought him into my life. (If you didn’t quite understand the terms “priesthood” or are wondering what the “gospel” is go to lds.org and it’ll answer all your questions.)

Happy Father’ Day to all the great fathers out there!

All Stephen's Father's Day Gifts!

Stephen and Will on Father's Day Morning.

AMAZING Breakfast!

My Handsome Boys, ready for Church.